Thursday 14 July 2011

thoughts

Last weekend David and I went to the wedding of an elementary school classmate of mine. I absolutely love weddings and everything to do with them, so I was excited to be attending the wedding of somebody I have known since grade three. She got married outside on a gorgeous ranch with a barn and a covered bridge (the pictures show the reception was in the barn!). I've been looking at some of the guest's pictures from the day on Facebook and I almost get choked up...Pathetic, I know. But this is a friend of mine whom I've known for so long and seeing her get married was a big deal. I've been to weddings in the past but mostly because one of my parents were going; this is the first one David and I have gone to alone (we've already gone to one with my dad). This wedding was particularly significant because it's the first I've gone to since being engaged. I was looking at every detail from the groom's boutonniere to the white flower petals strewn along the aisle. It all reminded me that soon I'll be the one walking down an aisle to my own groom (which is a thought that gets me a little misty eyed even as I type this!).
I'm told it's easy to get caught up in planning the perfect wedding and it's stressful and blah, blah, blah...but I'm confident David and I will both enjoy this process and keep everything as simple as possible. After all, our wedding isn't about the dress or cake or flowers or venue or food...it's about who's waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment