Wednesday 19 September 2012

wild girls weekend

Here is a little psot about my super awesome bachelorette party thrown by the bestest friends and sister-in-law!
On September 7 we went out for an early birthday dinner after work (my birthday is on Sept. 12, but it's a week day and going out on Friday was easier) at what may be our favourite resturant. In case you wondered, I got a pulled pork sandwich with mustard on a pretzel bun and David got a philly cheesesteak sandwhich.  After dinner we headed back to David's to wtch some TV and just relax.  His sister Kaitlyn had come home from grad school for the weekend but she was gone when we got back...this is important!  SO, we were watching TV when Kaitlyn comes downstairs and asks me if I've had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks yet.  I said no and got up to take the drink she offered.  As I got closer to her I realized my BFFs/bride's maids were right behind her!  This ws exciting and weird becuase Sarah had just returned from spending the summer working up north and Kate currently works in Toronto. 
After a lot of confused looks (me) and giggles (them) I was told "We packed you a bag, there is a car waiting and we will return you on Saturday."  I was really surprised and just said "oh, ok!!"

So off we went into the night to a secret location.  I had no clue where they were taking me or what we would possibly be doing.  Since I had to close my eyes a lot because there were signs advertising the place I didn't actually know where we were until we were inside.  Aaaaand, we went to Viamede Resort! For those that aren't familiar with Viamede, click here.   The girls had brought along chick flicks, fruity drinks and lots of junk food for a super awesome movie night!  We stayed up late,  ate lots of snacks and Kate fell asleep early (usually I'm the first, even in my own house!).  Kaitlyn and I stayed up even later talking after Kate and Sarah went back to their room.  I actually only got 2 hours of sleep thanks to my awful allergies which seem to be especially annoying at night.  Thankfully I managed to fall asleep again but I didn't feel very rested.

Anyways!  The next morning we ate breakfast together and then headed to Viamede's SPA:)  The girls surprised me with a facial, manicure and pedicure.  I was very rested and relaxed after the facial which was ah-may-zing.  After a whopping 4.5 hours at the spa and all of us nearly falling asleep at some point, we somehow managed to drag our freshly painted toes out to the car to head home.  We had a munchy attack and ate more junk food on the drive:) 

I eventully got home, managed to unpack my bag that Sarah had packed for me, east some more candy and take a nap.  I napped for a solid 6 hours, woke up, text David to tell him I'm still alive and went back to sleep until morning. 

It was such a fun surprise and I literally do have the best friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment